
this is from one of yevgeny's works...
"Why is it that in folk songs of all nations and all ages people express the desire to become birds? Because birds know no borders. People are mortally envious of animals for their freedom, and probably that is why we try to deprive them of it by forcing borders on them- be they the barriers of zoo, the bars of a circus cage, or the transparent but still prison-like walls of an aquarium. People insult their one God-given planet with impassable fences (which Robert Frost described with such a bitter irony)- with barbed wire, with iron or newspaper curtain. The division, the separation of the earth's surface, turns into mutual verbal and physical cannibalism. Our lack of knowledge of each other is like that of a blind sculptor, dangerous in his aggressive naiveté, who creates figures of so-called enemies." (from Divided Twins, 1988)
we saw this rainbow a few days after thanksgiving and this picture was taken from our kitchen window.
2 comments:
Hi Tim and Ally- I love seeing your mom at curves as we work out together, Tim and talk all about our favorite kids- you two!! I like getting to update all the work friends too, Allison! Enjoy seeing Rob in the halls with briefs updates too. We are praying for your healthy family planning and we definitely want to be on your list for your next trip home- sorry to miss you at the Holidays - know how hard it is to be everywhere in such short precious time. WIth love and prayers for your health, safety and spiritual guidance of all you encounter! Bob and Mary Beth
Hi Tim & Ally! I love your updates. What an adventure you are living... I am sorry I missed you over the holidays but you know you remain in my thoughts & prayers. Sandra
Post a Comment