6.17.2009

ida lucille wiley

april 3, 1918 - june 16, 2009

...wife...mother...daughter...friend...sister...aunt...granny...great granny...great great granny...

she is home now.

I stand upon the ocean shore.
As a ship at my side opens her sail
to the morning breeze and begins to glide
across the water blue.

She is a beautiful sight.
I stand and watch her as she glides
with grace and strength into the clouds
on the horizon.

Just where the sky and the ocean meet
and come to mingle with one another.
When I hear someone cry out,
"She is gone." and I must turn and say to them,
"Yes, but gone only from sight."

For within the mind and heart she can always
be found.
For life is eternal,
Love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon,
and a horizon is nothing save the limits of our sight.


{author unknown}

2 comments:

kristina said...

beautiful poem. know that we are praying for you guys and the entire wiley family. let us know if we can do anything. :) love you guys!! :)

Brooke and Peter said...

i am so sorry ally, but she looked and sounded like an amazing woman... bless you friend.