my mom recently introduced me to this poem by Ilan Shamir called "Advice from a Tree" that i really like.
stand tall and proud
sink your roots deeply into the earth
reflect the light of a greater source
think long term
go out on a limb
remeber your place among all living beings
embrace with joy the changing seasons
for each yeilds its own abundance
the energy and birth of spring
the growth and contentment of summer
the wisdom to let go of leaves in the fall
the rest and quiet renewal of winter
feel the wind and the sun
and delight in their presence
look up at the moon that shines down up you
and the mystery of the stars at night.
seek nourishment from the good things in life
simple pleasures
earth, fresh air, light
be content with your natural beauty
drink plenty of water
let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
be flexible
remeber your roots
enjoy the veiw!
tim took this picture while on a run one day. this is the forrest near the konkovo metro stop.
2 comments:
That's a beautiful picture! When I saw it I thought you must have pulled it off the web somewhere to go with your poem -- I can't believe it was taken right there in Moscow by Tim! Wow!
~Josh B
Hey guys. It is Whitney and Ruby, we just got internet access at our new house. We moved to Saint Michaels Maryland. it is a water community and small and we love it. We closed on our house a week before christmas but we made it. we painted like crazy and moved in a few days before christmas. It was amazing all our kids loved the house (no problems sleeping) and lilia likes her new school. kidergarden. it is right across the street.
Look up Saint Michaels in Maryland on the internet if you get a chance. quaint little town.
I was looking at your website and I love the poem. It is good advice for anyone.
The picture is amazing.
I also feel your pain of water problems. It rained for a couple days solid and our yard had a pond. I found my self diging a trench in the rain at 8am as to avoid an all out flooded house.
just like yall all worked out well and we are all fine.
Take care it is good to see you all are doing good.
Take a walk in those woods for us!
Post a Comment