
we bought a 25 pound pumpkin the other day at the fall festival that the junior class at hinkson put on. we stood out quite a bit carrying that back to our apartment! tim and i spent an evening carving, baking and puree-ing the pumpkin for pudding, soup, bread and whatever else we can come up with. in this picture, kai is more interested in the clementine in my hand than the fact that we are taking a picture.
i wanted to share a great quote that we read the other night from oswald chambers..."if God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace; or even if He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him." i think it's a good challenge, no matter what is going on with you. whatever cup you are drinking right now, sweet or bitter, you still have responsibility on your side, either to be full of grace or in communion with Him.
tim and i went to "bella notte" the other night, a fabulous musical review that the honors choir at hinkson puts on. it was incredible - the students who are involved in this work so hard on it and they are so talented and that really came through. our friend who is the music teacher wrote and directed the whole thing and others really came together to make it great. i'll post some pics from it as soon as i can.
7 comments:
I think this blog is a wonderful idea, thanks for sending us the link! All three of you seem to be adjusting to your new world very well, we are all happy to know that. Megan still has not had Luke, but I am sure you will have the news as soon as it happens! I don't know if you've received pics of Natalie, if not let me know, I will forward some to you. If you would like a really nice recipe for pumpkin bread, e-mail me; the kids actually ask for me to bake it each year!
Love to all of you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
WendyB
Tim and Ally (& Kai)...
SOOOO good to get to "see" you guys!!! You look GREAT!!! I'm so glad your blog is up and running! I will enjoy reading about what's going on with you guys over there.
We all really miss you!!!! I think about you and pray for you all the time! Keep the pictures coming, k?
Love & Prayers, Dana
I love the blog! Great way to make contact to the far off land! I bet you are so glad to have your little girl there! Is he learning russian too? Has she learned the word for duck yet? "utka" I beleive it is? That is one of 10 russion words I know... dont' ask why.
I love you all and look forward to hearing about your journey!
Brooke
The blog is looking great! I'm glad you were able to start something like this that will allow everyone to read back as far as they want about your experiences in Moscow. I like the significance of the title too. I'm going to check out that song very soon. Looking forward to reading more-
I just got your blog link. This is probably the best way for people to keep up with you -- pictures say so much! And we in the States can see each other posting stuff to you too. Makes us all feel like we're with you. Been keeping up with sports news? The Razorback football team is 9-1 and going to a BCS bowl, probably the SEC championship game, and just possibly the national championship. Be prepared to call the Hogs in Red Square. Then be prepared to explain it to hundreds of startled people . . . (I can see y'all doing this, by the way.) Enjoy your adventure.
Whoops. That last comment was from me, Scott Smith in Fayetteville.
It's always good to updates from you guys, even if I have been a slacker at responding. It is a wonderful thing ya'll are doing, and Cameron and I are praying for you daily.
Post a Comment